Chinese New Year for this year is extremely different as compared to the past that I have had. It did not feel like a celebration at all this year. For the first time, I did not 'lao yu sheng' through the 15 days at all. For the first time, I do not get to eat 'tang yuan' on the 15th day of CNY. For the first time, I wore white and black more than I wore bright red colours. For the first time, CNY was not a celebration at all, but a 15-day period of sadness, worrying and tragedy which I had to live through. :(
I hope I did not make it sound too dramatic, but I really am feeling this way right now; more upset than ever. I thought there will be more happier posts for this month, but unfortunately, I just cannot find the mood to blog about happier stuff. Well, if you had read my previous post, I said my uncle (Da Jiu) was dying. It is a pity that he has passed away on Friday, 6th of Feb. After being greatly tormented by pancreatic cancer, for about one full year, my uncle lost the battle to the disease in him, and began suffering from multiple organ failures. Though his fighting spirit was strong, as doctors found that his blood has a very high concentration of white blood cells, doctors gave up saving him on Wednesday as they could not find any more useful medication that would aid him. :(
Hence on Wednesday, my uncle was brought back to his home, with all his loved ones gathered around him, praying all day and night to aid him in having a peaceful journey to the gods. That very scene, I will probably never ever forget it in my entire life. It's just so painful and depressing to be seeing your beloved slowly fading away, awaiting for him to draw his last breath when you hope that it will never happen. Hai. Well at least one thing we all agree is that my uncle left peacefully on Friday, as his face shows no signs of pain, but just simply comfort. The funeral then began on Saturday and will last till today. Tomorrow will be the cremation. :(
Death is never an easy thing to face. But life still has to go on. It's really a pity that he has to go at such a young age, only 57 years old! Hai. All I can say now is after all these, the final chapter of my uncle's life will close, and I really hope that everyone can move on from there. I guess it will especially be difficult for my aunt (uncle's wife) and my cousin, but I hope they will find closure soon. :(
I also hope that more medical advances/breakthroughs can come asap. Like I have said before, make cancer a treatable or curable disease, even at the final stage, and not a killer disease! Life's short, so cherish it! Do not take people for granted, and especially learn to cherish people/loved ones around you. May my uncle rest in peace.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment