Wednesday, February 11, 2009

ORD LOH! :D

After much anticipation for this day, it's really amazing to see this day FINALLY arriving! YES! I am no more a NSF now, but a NSman! :D Felt kinda funny when I got to see my pink IC once again. I have totally forgotten how it had looked like! Lol. I can still recall the very first day in NS, when my parents and I just arrived in Tekong. There was this sign that splits my parents and I to two different pathways; there was this flight of stairs which I took, before arriving at a point, which had a soldier there instructing folks like me to leave our pink IC on the table! Ha. I did not realise, until a few days later, that it was the last time I ever got to see my pink IC until I ORD! Lol.

Well, as amazed as I was when I had returned from India, wondering at that time how 26 days managed to pass by so quickly, now I wonder how 1 YEAR 10 MONTHS simply vanished right in front of my eyes! Haha. Time seriously flies! I was looking at some saved sms-es from various friends before I enlisted, encouraging me on and telling me how it will be over real soon! Haha. Also, nice messages over the months that kept my spirits up, simply tells me that this period of time is in no way, a short one, but a very substantial, and probably meaningful one as well! Haha. Well, like what one of my friend, Edward, had said, it's like there are some nice moments worth remembering while trying to complete this NS stint, but no one will ever want to go through all this crap all over again! Once is enough! Lol.

I guess I'll probably miss NS life. Alright, not the life, but certain aspects of it. Haha. Like being able to slack whole day in bunk; wake up in the morning for breakfast, then morning nap, only to wake up for lunch, then afternoon nap, only to wake up for dinner, then nights out! Lol. And this routine can go on for days alright! But hey, NS life isn't always like this alright. Only occassional periods when there isn't much stuff planned on the training program, then do I get to enjoy such 'luxury'! And trust me, such periods are rare in my NS life! Lol!

Well, what's probably hitting me most is the lost of stable income! For the past 1 year and 10 months, I really don't have to worry financially as I was getting about half a thousand every month! (I made that sound like it's a lot, but actually it's really pathetic! :x) However, after ORD, I come to realise that the cash in my bank account is only diminishing, and never increasing anymore. Lol. It's now even made worst with the fact that I'll be going on WAT soon!! So that's like 7k wiped out from my bank account in an instant! Ouch! Well, hopefully I'll be able to earn more than what I'm expecting. Yet in this gloomy economy, I doubt I can earn any more than what's being budgeted! Oh wells. Got to monitor my expenses more carefully now.

It's still great to ORD!! No more nonsense from The Prestige Organisation! Guard duty, standby sentry duty, whatever crap, NO MORE!! Woohoo!! Haha! It's an occassion to rejoice man! :D

No comments: