Hate seeing my mother looking so worried and upset. But how can she not be, when her beloved elder brother is diagnosed with pancreatic cancer?! Hai. My uncle, only 55 this year, has to have such a disease. What's worse is the cancer has spread inside his body, reaching stage 3, a rather serious stage. Went to wiki to read up more about pancreatic cancer. What I've learnt isn't in any way hopeful as well. From wiki: "Median survival from diagnosis is around 3 to 6 months; 5-year survival is much less than 5%." Does this mean I'm going to lose my uncle forever? Hai.
I now somehow think that money might just make wonders. If only we have the money, we could simply send my uncle to the U.S., and get the best doctors to treat him. I'm sure if that is possible, he will be among the 5% to live on for 5 years and beyond. It's really down to the prayers now, and being hopeful, optimistic, that he will be able to fight the cancer and survive through the entire ordeal. Chemotherapy starts first, and I just wish that it would be able to successfully remove that one tumour in his neck area. Coz if it's successful, it would simply increase his chances of living exponentially, and that the doctors can then work on the tumour harbouring at his pancreas. So please, please just make this one true miracle and let my uncle live!
Nothing much else to say. Can only give my blessings to my uncle now and pray hard for him that he survives.
Friday, December 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment