It felt real good today, to be standing in front of an audience once again and perform for them! It was a short lunch time concert that was conducted in NIE. Purpose? It was actually my final assessment for the unrestricted elective which I had picked up at the start of the semester; it's called Percussion II, because in the previous semester, Percussion I was already conducted. Hence, with just a small class size of merely 20 students, coming from very varied backgrounds, we performed 4 percussion ensembles together! I guess the concert went through quite smoothly overall. No doubt there were some minor mistakes made by players, including me, but I believe in the end, everyone sure did a great job!
It's just so amazing! I've got to really thank Darius for helping me to get this elective. I missed the audition for this class, which was conducted during the first week of school. Back then, I remembered myself frantically seeking for another elective to cough up sufficient academic units (AUs) for this semester! I was trying desperately to get Business Finance, but to no avail. Thus, I thought about doing an unrestricted elective, and decided to go with this percussion module. It was only then that I realised Darius was already in it, and being Mr Nice Guy, he helped me loads, by emailing the tutor and getting another audition arranged for me! Which in the end wasn't really much of an audition! Haha. Coz all I did for it, was walked into the room, wrote down my particulars and also 'Piano Grade 8' for music background. The tutor then came by, browse through what I've written, and said, 'Alright! Piano grade 8. You passed the auditions!' LOL!
And then amazingly, 10 weeks of lessons have passed by so quickly! I guess I will miss this class quite a lot! It's really a very relaxing elective; 3 AUs worth, but only 2 hours a week! On top of that, no tutorials, nothing much to study. It's merely just taking out some time to practice, and as for the rest, it's plainly just having loads of fun, making music once again, especially after leaving the band scene for close to half a decade! Seriously, what more can I ask for? (Hopefully an A for this elective! Hahahahahaha!) The tutor, Mr Lim, rocks too! He's extremely patient, very dedicated, and at the same time humorous. I like how my friend describes him, occasionally he's an adult, and yet at times he behaves like a child! Also, I'll most definitely miss all the new friends I've made. There's especially this bunch, really funny people that will just bring nothing but never ending laughter to each and everyone! Reminds me a lot about old band days! It's a bit too short I must say, having only 10 weeks worth of time to come together to make music! Hopefully there will be future opportunities for us to work together again! :)
Knowing I have worked hard practicing countless number of times, it was awesome to be able to stand on the stage once again, bearing that strong feeling of confidence believing that I will deliver a good performance to my audience! And sure enough, I believe I have done so! Haha. Though there were minor mistakes here and there, I'm glad to know that in the end, the audience were delighted with the performance. It just makes you feel that all the hard work you have put in has paid off. Coz after all, a performer is seeking nothing more than just merely hoping his work could bring fun and joy to the audience! Rah! All this talking really is building a brand new desire in me to join band once again! Haha.
Alright then! This surely has been a very enriching, entertaining, and extremely enjoyable elective! Hopefully I'll be able to get another one as fun as this one next semester! Haha. That's it for now!
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am watching u...
Post a Comment