Tuesday, November 4, 2008

2 More Days

I shouldn't have begun this countdown. It has no form of happiness or anything to be looking forward to; like counting down to doom. Lol. RAH! In less than 36 hours, I'll on the plane to that miserable place. Then life will never be the same again for the 26 days to come. Hai. :(

At least I did something worthwhile today. I went to so many places, and spent a whooping 10 bucks on transport alone today! And there's no taxi involve kae. 10 bucks solely on buses and trains. Lol. Mother's so gonna kill me if she realises this. Haha. Met up with a friend whom I haven't seen in the longest period of time, Wei Qi. I was suppose to meet up with him yesterday, and it was his birthday as well. Haha. Too bad, TPO always have the final say on meet ups. So postponed till today. Well, I would like to talk about the journey I made today.

Since it was his birthday yesterday, thought I should get a cake for him. So I took bus 171 from home all the way to town, intending to go to Marina Square to get a Chocz cake. When I finally reached Marina Square, I was shocked to find that the location where Chocz used to be had been revamped into a Starbucks cafeteria. RAH! Luckily I know that Esplanade has another Chocz outlet. So I went there and thankfully, the outlet still exist. Got a slice of chocolate moose cake, for a freaking price which I shan't say. Haha. Once done, made my way to Suntec Convention Centre to take bus 36 to Katong area for my haircut. A great deal of walking from Esplanade to Suntec alright?! Lol.

The perfect storm has to arrive just in time when my haircut was done! That torrential rain simply made my shoes, socks and pants totally wet while I tried to complete that 150m distance from the salon to the bus stop! Ultimate man! It was then about time to meet wq. So I took bus 966 to Eunos MRT, then a train ride down to Pasir Ris MRT. Met him there, he said he wanted to borrow some books for his boring 24H duty on Wed, so we went to the library at white sands. Didn't know that shopping centre has such a huge library. I have always wanted to borrow a book for this India trip. But I hesitated coz I know I won't be able to return on time, since I will be away for 26 days and yet the standard period for borrowing is only 21 days. Considering then that if I was to get one and be prepared to pay the fines, 8 days of fines would cost $1.20! Well, that's if the fine costs 15 cents a day. Haha. The funny part was coz wq insist that the fine costs only 10 cents a day, being unsure, both of us decided to consult the information counter. The lady was then really nice to let me know that there's actually such a thing called extending the period for borrowing. Price? Only 50 cents! LOL! To think I was actually contemplating returning the book late and paying the fine. This simple process not only helped me saved 70 cents, but also allows me to borrow the book for 6 weeks! Woots! Double win man! Lol.

Alright. So after the library, as I told wq that I was craving for Changi Village's famous nasi lemak, both of us made another arduously long journey to that place. Took bus 109 and approximately half an hour to get there. Got to the hawker centre and sure enough, the nasi lemak stall has a very long queue! But it was worth the wait lah, coz it's really one of the best around! My english ain't good, so I shall not bother to describe. Haha. When we were done, made our way to changi beach, coz you know me, I wanted to get as close as possible to the beautiful planes that were taking off from Changi Airport. Settled down at a bench, wq had his cake, while I sat there enjoying the great feeling of the planes taking off right above my head. LOL. There was this 747, queen of all planes, probably less than 1000 feet directly above me!! Imagine how shiok I was when I saw it zooming past me, gaining altitude rapidly and flying into the starry night. If only I had my camera there! Damn!

Well, it was a great time catching up with wq. Talked damn lot of stuff, mostly TPO related, and condemning it most of the time as well. Lol. A pity he had to return back camp early for some dumb water parade. Oh wells. For the going home part, I took bus 89 back to Pasir Ris MRT, train ride to Newton MRT, and then bus 170 before finally reaching home! Haha. So you can see now how I spent 10 bucks just on transport alone! Alright then. Tomorrow will be my last day of civilisation left! I will seriously cherish it and maximise every single second of it! Till then.

No comments: