I'm feeling real lazy to blog anything constructive right now. Lol. But it's like the 2nd last day of the super long weekend already, and I haven't written anything for quite some time. So I guess I should pen some stuff right now, or else I might just forget about it and regret later. Haha.
So, it was an eventful week, and a really short one in TPO. Basically I had an extra 1.5 days off, apart from the already 3 day long weekend due to Monday being a Vesak day. Hence the 'super' long weekend! Well, got really 'physical' the entire week, as commanders were more or less around, and so they begin to enforce training sessions on us, men, in hope to keep us fit. Tuesday kicked off with some simple SOC training, yet I must admit I nearly died while doing it. Basically, the upstairs just structured it in such a way that we only have to do a short 50m run-down, clear all the obstacles, and then run-down for another 50m, just like BMT style SOC. Well, maybe it's because I haven't been exercising for a long time, coupled with the fact that I haven't been to the SOC ground for almost 6 months, I really had quite some difficulty clearing the obstacles. Ok, I can clear all of the obstacles, just that I needed more time than the other people! But yea, I must agree it's some morale + confidence boosting session, having being able to clear the entire course twice! So I'll just have to wait for the real test, with the full run-down, and see how I fair then. Hopefully I'll only have to do maximum 5 times, and then clear SOC once and for all! Hopefully!
And then we had our unit anniversary celebration on Thursday. Spent at the pool, it was structured to be a inter-battery competition over various games organised by the upstairs. There was also the endurance swim, whereby the entire unit had to cover a total of 120km. Guess how much we swam in the end? 271 freaking km! Lol. I contributed 1.5km of it, swimming a total of 30 laps can? It sure was tiring, but made me realise that swimming is actually quite fun, when done with friends. Coz not only were we competing with each other, the could-swims were teaching the couldn't-swims some basic styles. Lol. I was teaching my friend frog style and somehow he just can never get it! Keeps sinking into the pool, he complains! It was also the first time I used a standard olympic size swimming pool, and oh my! It's seriously damn deep at the ends, 4.0m to be exact!!! Luckily I had learnt swimming, or else I wouldn't have enjoyed that very day as much. :)
Realise I've been talking about 'even' days, so I'll skip Friday and move on to Saturday! Haha. Finally met up with Berns and Gloree again, and we did something real interesting yesterday. Climb Bukit Timah hill. Lol. It has been a long time since I had slept early at home, and wake up so early as well. Like sleeping at 1+ am and waking up at 6.30am! Just so that we would meet at 7.30am, in the wee hours of the early morning. Haha. It's quite an experience, considering I haven't climbed the hill for a really long while. We actually covered all the routes somemore, in less than 2 hours! Yet one thing for sure, we seemed to always be walking in the wrong direction, especially for the yellow and green routes. We started at points where people end, which is a no wonder on why we found it rather easy to walk down to steps while people in the opposite direction were panting like crazy, trying hard to make their way up. Lol. And then we took quite a lame photo with a really pathetic 'waterfall' that comes out from a small crack within some rocks. But yup, it's a fun and interesting outing, and now I gotta wreck my brains to come up with something as equally unusual for our next one. Haha.
Alright then. Shall end here for now. Going to Kok Wai's house for mahjong. Blog tmr again.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment