Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sing! Sing A Song!

This week wasn't as good afterall. Escaped quite a lot of physical activities because I fell sick. Caught the flu bug, and I seriously have no idea how it happened. I simply just turned from a healthy being to an ill one, like almost in an instant. The virus was indeed powerful, as it made me cough like mad for one whole day. Felt totally like crap, but then the next day, it got better. Yet I still had a running nose and loads of phlegm in my throat, which is why I decided not to take SOC training on Thursday and went to pay a visit to the MO instead. Overall, it's quite a 'nua' week, nothing much.

Went out with BBSS yesterday. Had a splendid time with them alright?! It's like 4 or 5 months since I had last seen them, and so obviously it was good to catch up after so loong! Too bad Vivien could not come sing with us in the afternoon, and it's really my fault. This is all thanks to TPO as usual. Coz don't know from nowhere came a random scare telling us that we might be activated over the island issue. The worst part of the scare is that we would actually have to move out over the weekend. Can you just imagine how sian I was when I heard about it? For a moment I thought there's no chance I would be booking out, and that I'll have to be camping in the jungle over my precious weekend!! Hai. I stupidly believe it's really going to happen, given the circumstance that the island issue is real and it makes so much sense for this activation to happen. Hence, I foolishly sms-ed BBSS telling them that I just might not make it on Saturday. In the end, turned out not only was it a false alarm, I got to book out so much earlier than usual on Friday! Unfortunately, Viv had arranged other plans already. So it was down to Wei Qi and Huimin and me, meeting up for a short singing session, before meeting Vivien again for dinner at night.

And on Friday night, I was like sourcing for the cheapest Karoake session available. KBox is seriously too expensive if you want to sing in the afternoon!! Freaking 25 bucks per person for a short 3 or 4 hours if you sing in town! Wanted to try the Chinatown one. 10 bucks nett, you get 5 hours of singing, unlimited flow of drinks and even a bowl of shark fin's soup! How good can that get right?! But too bad, it was fully booked when I called to try and make a reservation. So, thankfully Partyworld had a promotion of just $9.80 per person. After all the 'plus-es' as well as other charges, the total amount per person is a mere 15 bucks. And you get 4 hours of singing, snacks, fruits, one cup of drink and even towels! So much cheaper than KBox alright?! Furthermore the songs are also very much updated, though I'd still prefer the KBox song selection system as it is more user-friendly compared to Partyworld's one. But one can't get the best of both worlds. It's till a worthy deal at the end of the day. Haha.

Alright. I'm feeling damn sian right now. Got sentry duty tonight, which means I have to be back camp so early! like before 8pm! Zzz. Shan't continue anymore. Till then.

No comments: