Friday, April 18, 2008

Happy 20th Birthday!

18th April, the date that always has a special meaning to me. Funny it may seem, but I somehow just feel extraordinarily excited whenever this date arrives. Lol. Obviously it's my birthday, and I guess birthdays, or rather, my very own, is extremely important. It's quite significant, isn't it, to have completed another 365 days of life and turn 1 year older again. Furthermore, this year feels so much different. This year is the year I turn 20!! Feeling real old now. No more a teenager, and the adolescence stage has ended as well. A young adult now. 1 year left before officially becoming an adult. Wah...

Celebration seemed rather long this year. Lol. Coz as usual, since I'm in the TPO, and 18 falls on a Friday, there was a likelihood that I might not be able to book out and celebrate my birthday. Coupled with the fact that Ops was still ongoing, and that I may be landed in a shift whereby I would have to work through the weekends. Thus, it was a lot of early celebration at the beginning. As usual, my family never fails to help me make my birthday a joyous occasion. Celebrated on the 13th, we went to Sakura for a good buffet dinner first. Then, feeling so bloated, went back home to cut my birthday cake. The cake they got me this year was so huge, my parents were actually having a hard time trying to fit the box into the fridge. Lol. Imagine a circular box of diameter, around 50cm. It's a rather unique cake I must say, for it was in a shape of a star!(Reminds me of **uan, *uan!) So yup, was a happy boy after the making of wishes and cutting of cake.

Coz I took half day off on Monday, so met up with the signallers in the morning for lunch, before booking in. Went to Coronation Plaza, had simple lunch of Ke Ai Ji. Haha. Then they went to Mad Jacks and get like 4 pieces of choco madness cakes. It's really nice of them lah, the thought that counts. Went back to bunk, sang bdae song for me, and then enjoyed the cake. My fellow GAs, got me Jay Chou concert DVD. Haha. I guess they think I listen to a lot of chinese songs, so just got me something related. Alex said he wanted to get me some airplane model, but couldn't find. Ha, it's alright man, thanks all the same. :)

And you know how depressed I was after that? The first bad news I got was that I have to do guard duty. Which meant I only had like 2 hours in bunk to slack, and then got to change for the non-sensical duty. The next blow I got was my shift. Went to check out my shift for Ops, only to realise that I have to do from Friday to Monday! Thankfully, after much pleading with my upstairs, they were really nice enough to change for me. So I got to do on the weekdays and book out on Friday! Nice!

And so, for the rest of the week, was basically draining myself with the on-coming Ops duties that I have to carry out. Furthermore, coz I was to do the night shift, hence I was basically zombie-fied by the time my last duty ended on Friday morning. But of course, on my last night, I seriously did not sleep at all. It's like constant excitement in me that never cease to fire. Ha. Was beginning to receive sms-es through the wee hours of the early morning, as well as a call from YYY somewhere in the middle of the night. Thanks man, YYY, it's really sweet of you to call me and like relief some of my boredom that I otherwise would probably have drowned in. Haha. Yup, it's really a different way of wishing me happy birthday and so I truly appreciate it! :D

Ok, so Friday did came, with me sleeping most of the afternoon away. I was really groggy and shagged out while on the way home from camp. Tired! Went to town to meet up my family for a true celebration. Ate Ding Tai Fung, then Swensons. Blew a ice-cream cake! Truly 20 years old! Ha. Yup, quite an enjoyable day afterall.

Anyway, people I want to thank for remembering my birthday! Xin Yu was the very first to message me! OMG! Sent on 00:05:41!! Nicholas was next. And then Bernard, Vivien, Pamela, Justin, Zong Yi, Andy(78), Mother, Sister, Huiwen, Gloree, Zeying, Jason, Steph, Wee Min, David, (I must say David is seriously so not orignal!) Huimin, Isabelle, Andy(BMT), Father, Weixuan, Glenn, Delin and lastly, Darius. Ah wells, feel so loved! Lol. Of course, thank my fellow GAs and Signallers too, Alex, Kenneth, Ivan, Kok Wai, Nicholas, Xin Ming and John for remembering. And then Ilham and the MP who was doing duty with me through the night, was trying to do something for me but couldn't find anything to do in the end! Lol. And Andy, thanks so much for trying to come up with a last minute dinner, proly for me and David. But then again, I thought it was really too last minute lo, so nvm la! It's the thought that counts man, and I truly appreciate that.

And Vivien! Thank you so much for the birthday letter! Ah, I guess I'm feeling as touched as you are when you had recieved my bdae card to you. Lol. It was a really sweet letter, like it a lot! And yup, it's true that we haven't met up for the longest period of time! So hopefully, after your exams, we can get in touch real soon. Probably to celebrate Steph's bdae as well. Haha.

Oh wells. A good day to remember! I'm a happy and fortunate boy now! :)

No comments: