Saturday, October 13, 2007

Cooking At Gloree's House

Was absolutely fantastic! Haha. It's not my first time cooking, but it's my first time cooking a full meal. And also first time cooking proper dishes, not just the normal instant noodles. Well, of course with the help of Bernard and Gloree. Kae, or more like I was the one helping and then they doing the cooking. We all did our fair share la.

The dishes that we ended up preparing:
1. Dumplings (Jiao Zi) - Highlight Dish I suppose
2. Char Siew - Got it directly from the market, I sliced them up and my slicing skills improved kae!
3. Cod Fish - Suppose to be salmon fish, but then cod fish seriously tasted much better! :)
4. Xiao Bai Chye - I chopped them up as well. And solo fried this dish by myself!
5. Kuai Tiao - Sort of like the staple for the meal

Haha. It was fun cooking, especially with people whom all didn't know much about cooking. So it was sort of like experimenting in Gloree's kitchen. But I guess I was the most noob one, learning much more from the both of them. Gained a handful of 'culinary skills' after this cooking session. For one, I know how to peel prawns in a more 'pro' manner. And then slicing/chopping skills also improve. Also learnt how to make dumplings; it's really hard to get the skin to stick together. Ha.

And then cooking can be so tiring also. There were so many moments when I got rather sian of it, probably also due to me being extremely hungry. Lol. The preparation work alone, took us close to 1.5hours. This was accompanied with a lot of washing. Then after a 45min break, the cooking began. Actual cooking was fun, and especially rewarding when the food began to look edible! Haha. But of course, the wash up after the cooking was all the more tiring. Then proceeding the consuming of the meal, which the 3 of us have like a post-cooking debrief. Ha. Rather funny, and we figured we are good, since we are first-timers and the food is actually edible. Probable flaw is the timing, as the food turned cold while waiting for the other dishes to be ready. Nonetheless, still rewarding!

Yay! Great buddy outing spent at Gloree's house, with a refreshing activity as well. My next cooking event at Ben's house. Lol. Hope it will be a success as well! :)

2 comments:

Glorijoy said...

lol. washing...and washing...and washing. you're supposed to be used to it lor. supermaid.

Unknown said...

hahaha limchuanyuan. working hard to be a good wife eh? i'm sure shuh*** will love you even more! :P

hope you're coping well in army! survive until you get into ntu aero then i can scold you again okay! HAHA.

-huiwen