The biggest bird in the world has finally landed on our lands. And the livery on it's body is none other than the beautiful colours of SIA. Yes indeed!!! After an extremely long wait, especially due to unforeseen delays, Airbus has finally delivered its A380 to their very first customer. And I just can't help feeling so excited that SIA, the airline company that belongs to my country, Singapore, will be the FIRST in the world to fly that plane!! Woots!
Just some general knowledge to share. Airbus A380 is now the 'King of the Skies' for it's magnificently huge size! It has successfully dethroned the previous 'King', the Boeing 747 as this big bird can carry as many as up to 852 passengers in a full economy class configuration. If you can't get a picture of how many people 852 will mean, try picturing VCH in full house mode! It's simply that many people. Well, SIA has the plane configured in such a way there will be a total of 471 passengers, still a lot compared to the 747! And they proudly introduce a new class where they call it 'a class beyond first'; The Suite Class. It's awesome I tell you. It's like you have your own cabin on board, and then there's a full flat bed in the cabin. Best is the double bed suite, meant for honeymoon couples! Gosh! I so want to try that in future! BTW, the suite class cost around 10.5k for a round trip just between Singapore and Sydney only. LOL! Go figure!
The maiden flight will be on the 25th of October. Man! I so want to see it fly. But hai! Too bad, won't be able to get my leave approved coz of some training that I will have to do on that day. Furthermore, obviously the upstairs will not approve my reasoning for my leave; would like to see the A380 fly. But it's my passion lo, my love for planes. Seen it fly before during the Asian Aerospace last year. Oh man! The big bird seriously can fly so gracefully in the skies, and it's amazingly quiet as well. And then the size! The wow factor is simply the size man! Humongous! Haha. Totally love the plane man! :)
Oh wells! It's a milestone in aviation history! I guess this A380 might just spark Boeing to create an even bigger bird. Then soon the skies will just have more giants to come! Haha. That will be an interesting sight to expect. Meanwhile, I strongly recommend this site by another aviation enthusiast. http://www.sq380.net/ Totally rocks man! Kae then. Hope all goes well for Thursday's magical moment! :D
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment