Monday, December 22, 2008

The Pre-ORD ORD Experience

Ha. It seems like eons ago since I last blogged! Honestly, I've been too lazy to log in here and write something. But oh wells, feeling kinda guilty for not posting for so long, so here goes..

Life outside camp is seriously much more alive and happening! Currently clearing off and leave, ever since last Thursday! This means that I'm actually away from that disgusting regimental life for a good 12 days!! Ha. I know it's nothing to those who have ORD-ed, but it's one good long break for me! Past few days have been very well spent, while the coming days ahead will be even more exciting and relaxing for the mind and the soul! Woohoo! Greatly anticipating the days ahead! :)

Alright, shall touch on a bit on what has happened over the past one week. Basically Monday to Wednesday were spent in camp, with guard duty on Tuesday. Boring. Shan't say much about it. Thursday begins the awesome period of moments to come. Lol. Went out with Gloree and Berns in the afternoon for lunch. Brought them to Amoy Street and Tanjong Pagar Market, where I used to frequent when I was working as a temp at JDPAP last year. These places have the best local delicacies at damn cheap prices! Haha. Ok, it used to be cheaper; recent high inflation must have brought some pressure to the stall owners to raise their prices. Oh wells. They also need to make a living right?! Yet the price hikes are like just 50 cents or so, which means the food is still very affordable! Ha. I'm just glad that both of them enjoyed the food as much as I did. :)

Had a movie with Kim on Friday. Watched 'The Day the Earth Stood Still'! Kim's horribly blur can?! On Thursday night, I called her and specifically confirmed our meeting location to be at Dhoby Ghaut instead of Vivo. Coz the theaters in Vivo showing this particular movie was rather small as compared to those in The Cathay. Hence I've changed the venue for our movie and she agreed! Guess what happened?! When I was suppose to meet her at 4.30pm, she called me, saying that she had reached but could not see me. It was only after awhile then she realised that she had ended up in Harbourfront instead of Dhoby Ghaut. LOL! Seriously don't know what to say sia! So in the end, she was terribly late. Luckily not too late for the movie. Ha. Anyway the movie's not too bad. Though like what Alex had mentioned, it wasn't 'EPIC' enough. Still, it has quite a meaningful green message to deliver; that if humans do not change our current unsustainable ways of consuming the Earth's resources, by the time our delicate environment has been destroyed, it might just be too late by then for us to change!

Didn't go out on Saturday. But I'd done a lot of thinking and planning. I've finally decided that I'll get a brand new desktop! Ha. And because of that, I will have to forgo getting a synthesizer keyboard. Hence I'll have to find someone who owns a keyboard, hopefully be able to borrow it for awhile and get my song done. As for my desktop, I will have it DIY with the help of Wei Qi. Ha. Will be getting it on Wednesday! Woohoo! So EXCITING! Lol.

I was also thinking about my overseas trip for next year. ASK is seriously getting on my nerves for up till now, they still have not given me a proper reply on whether if I'd be able to get an employment for the period between March to May. They are really just stalling everything; I cannot make concrete plans because there's just too much uncertainty. ARGHZ! Hopefully they'll be able to give an answer ASAP. I shall just be patient and wait till 09 comes. If by then I still do not receive a reply from them, I'll really have to consider giving up this entire novelty. Coz if I choose to wait further, say they reject me in the end, it would probably be too late for me to make other plans. Hai. All fingers crossed now, and I really wish a phonecall from them will arrive soon.

Anyway, if say I do not get this work/travel thing in the end, I might not go to the USA at all next year, even if it's just for travelling. Coz the cost for this trip just seems way too high. At the rate USD is climbing, versus SGD, the basic budget excluding expenses just keeps ballooning. Furthermore, as SGD is getting stronger over AUD and NZD, it makes Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) a more attractive option for travelling instead. Also, having halved the distance to travel means saving a significant amount on airfare itself. Hence, going to the USA would cost about 6k+, while going to ANZ will only cost about 3.5K+! Huge difference man! Oh wells. Mother still insist that I should travel the USA instead of ANZ. Shall see how forex goes loh.

Alright. This post is getting too long. I shall continue another time. Till then!

No comments: