Weather has been pretty cold for the past few days, with occasional thunderstorms pouring through Singapore island. It's all due to the workings of the southeast monsoon winds. Such winds are supposed to be weak, bringing little or no rain at all! Must be mother nature wrecking havoc once again, trying to punish us for hurting Gaia. Oh wells. I just find it real shocking to have so much rain pouring in the month of August, and even more so to realise that the weatherman has fore casted thunderstorms for this entire week coming. Of course, I wouldn't mind as the coldness will always be appreciated in sunny, tropical Singapore. Yet to have rain on important activities or events, like the fireworks festival, or AHM, is certainly undesirable, all the more unwelcome!
Still, I'm glad that AHM is finally over. It was no fun at all doing fatigue duty on that day. Having to camp overnight on the site, it was one kind of hell as there was no comfortable place to sleep. Fatigue sets in greatly but I just could not fall asleep as the grounds were too hard, and there were just too many mosquitoes stinging me. Then when the run was about to start, rain had to pour so heavily, the grass patches turned very muddy. Why I mention this, is coz the water point was setted up on the grass patch. And so yeah, you can imagine what horrible conditions I have to work in. Then, the time came for us to give out water to the runners. Oh man. There were seriously way too many of them, we just weren't able to satisfy every person's quest to quench their thirst! Furthermore, it was really demanding on a body that has only slept for an hour through the night, to be carrying tens of KGs of water around, pouring them into cups, and giving them out to the runners! I felt as though I had ran 21km on that day as well. Lol.
Yet the tiredness didn't matter. What matters was to see my friends running on that day, and it's precisely why I was so unhappy for the whole day coz I only managed to catch 3 in the end! I was looking at water more than I was supposed to look at people! Haha. Had this objective to want to be able to spot out all my friends and say hi to them. But in the end, I believe many just ran past without me noticing! Hai. Too bad then. Was damn sian after that. Only saw Bryan, Justin and David. Of all people, I have to see David! Arghz! Oh wells.
This is another short post coz I don't have much time left. Gotta get ready to book in. Hopefully I'll be able to get Friday off! Till then.
Please let my face stop twitching! It's becoming a real bother! :(:(:(
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment