Sunday, May 11, 2008

PSP? Mug? Both?

Should I get a PSP?! Oh wells. This question has been really bogging me for damn long. TPO is really a boring place, and at days when there's nothing to do, there is seriously NOTHING to do AT ALL! You begin to just look at the clock and watch the seconds tick by slowly, hoping that by any chance, that a resultant force could act on those seconds so that an acceleration could result which could then possibly increase its speed of passing by. Arghz. The boredom seriously can kill. Furthermore, I now officially admit that I'm indeed addicted to Patapon. And then my dear friend's PSP, the one I used to ALWAYS play on, got stolen in camp. A serious sad case. So it simply means that there's no more Patapon for me for the boring days ahead. How then, am I possibly going to survive inside TPO?!

Bernard has strongly adviced me against getting one, but rather go get books to mug! Study about airplanes, about aerospace engineering. Revise concepts, gain new knowledge, don't waste precious time away. I did try to heed his advice. Spent 100 bucks at borders a week ago to get 2 books. Ok, one was actually totally not related to what I want to do in future. This book is actually called 'The Transit Maps of the World', which is an illustrative book showing rail maps of distinct cities throughout the entire world. It's a unique book as it has divided cities into various zones, from those which has a rich rail map history like London or Tokyo, to those which has a shorter history like Singapore and Taipei. Why did I buy it? Coz just like airplanes, I also have this uncanny obsession with MRTs! Lol. I would say it's more like a hobby for me to be studying about rail, and at the end of the day, I'm still primarily concern with the latest developments of Singapore's rail. Always update myself with the latest news from skyscrapercity forum, a place whereby many rail enthusiast gather together to share the most current infomation and views about our rail developments. I'll talk more about rail next time! :)

The other book I bought is actually this manual for beginners who wish to become a pilot. It's actually a guide to help one work towards his private pilot license. Read the first few chapters inside and find it real informative. Not only does it teach you how to fly, but it also explains quite a fair bit in scientific/physics terms on how a plane flies, as well as how the instruments on the plane work. A very interesting book, and seriously not meant for the faint hearted. Haha. And this book once again ignites the little passion in me that secretly wants myself to become a pilot. To be a commercial pilot for SIA, that's really my dream job. It's obviously because I cannot become a pilot, that's why I have to choose aerospace engineering as an alternative route in order to remain close to planes. Hai. If only I can fly...

So back to the main topic! The books are really interesting reads, but I really cannot be reading the whole time right? There has got to be some form of entertainment once in a while isn't it?! My dear friend has already placed a second order to replace his lost PSP, and here I am still pondering about whether to purchase one or not?! Plus being the all-so-cost-conscious me, it will not be easy for me to part with 4 hundred bucks just for a gaming device. But look at my friend, he seem to be able to this twice with no sweat at all. How admirable man! Lol. Oh wells. Having lost his PSP, I doubt he will put in the Patapon game inside anymore, just to let me leech. And I think I will have a hard time pulling through this boring phase without the game! See, even while typing this entry, I have the official website playing Patapon music just to ease my craving for the game! Arghz. It's driving me mad man. Lol.

Shall just wait for one more week and see how then. Hmmm...

No comments: