Tuesday, January 1, 2008

It's 2008! Happy New Year!

Happy Happy New Year! It feels like yesterday only, whereby I was in Beijing holidaying. And that was like in the year 2000! I remembered that upon landing, I saw this huge banner showing Beijing bidding for the 2008 Olympics! And I was that wondering, 'Wow! 2008! 8 long years later!' Yet it was only 15 hours ago that I was actually counting down towards the arrival of 2008! My oh my! So 8 long years had indeed passed by so quickly, and now 2008, this significant year has arrived! Why significant? Coz it's the year whereby I'm no more a teen, whereby the tenth digit of my age is no more a 1, but is going to be a 2! Oh my. Turning 20, kinda feels old afterall.

Anyway, was at downtown yesterday to celebrate the countdown with my class. It's also a significant countdown moment for my class, as we were counting down from 07 to 08. And since my class is 05S78, hence the obvious link and thereby the significance. Lol. People who turned up are: YYY, Pam, Tim, Andy, TingFu, Berns, Nic, ZhuXuan and Weixuan. Quite a number afterall huh?! Well, the wait for 0000H was rather boring I must say, as I actually doze off and that unglam moment was being captured by YYY. Haha. Did nothing much really, except playing bridge, talked about and eating chips. But then when the moment was about to arrive, I just can't help allowing the adrenaline to rush through my entire body. Haha. It just gets more and more exciting with the DJ exclaiming the number of minutes left to 2008, and then with the final 10 seconds, the whole crowd just screamed each number so loudly my ears nearly went deaf! Finally, at ZERO, the splendid music composed by Iskandar was played while the awesome fireworks brightened up the entire sky. It was absolutely brilliant, especially when viewing the fireworks at our position. There was no obstruction, nothing at all to block our view! Ha. So I must say that the wait was definitely worth it!

A great way to begin the new year with 8 minutes of fireworks! Ha. So of course, with the new year comes new year resolutions! For this year, I would not want the next 366 days to be wasted away, like what I had done in 2007! I want to ultilise every single day to it's maximum best as far as possible! It must be a fruitful year, a year with achievements and satisfaction! So, my resolutions for now:

1. Save my back! Sit Straight! Walk Straight! Lie Straight!
2. Rescue my skin! Especially my face! ARGHZ!
3. To earn a total of 10k for this year. (It's indeed a lot, but I'm going to work hard!)
4. Perfect my landings.
5. Get my driving license!
6. Be a more environmentally friendly person. (I'll off my comp later when not in use! :p)
7. Produce 10 songs and make it an album!
8. Maybe get a relationship?! (LOL! See how man!)

Yes. So much things to do, so much more in my mind which I wish to accomplish. But I guess I'll just list down this few which I think is do-able first. In fact, they are in order of priority as well. I shall update this list when I can think of more. Yup!

A brand new year, a brand new beginning. Hope all will be well and may it be a smooth sailing year for me! Gotta book in now. So till then! :)

No comments: