Sunday, July 15, 2007

An Email of Thanks

Wrote an email to Sergeant David, one of my sergeant who is section 3 commander during my BMT days. Very very emo I guess! LOL. Got so much stuff to tell him, so much thank you to say, but due to my lousy Inggerish, just can't seem to express myself appropriately. Oh wells, as for the content, here goes:


Hey Sergeant David!

I miss BMT days a lot too! Last Friday, my camp dunno for what reason, had this karaoke session at the auditorium. And then there's this guy singing 'when you say nothing at all' (not sure if the title is correct. The one our plt sang for platoon sergeant and his girlfriend. Ha!). And then my heart really sank deep and I realise how much indeed I miss all the great times that we all had in BMT. I could easily picture all of us gathering at section 3, and then Jerald teaching us the song, and how we sang splendidly into the hp. It seems to feel like all this have happened just yesterday only. Oh wells..

I guess you should know, but just for your info, I'm now in Khatib camp training to become a gunnery assistant for artillery. Yup. But the main point is that only after coming here, had I then realise that BMT is simply a paradise. Plus you, being really such a nice sergeant, makes the place an even greater one. Initially, after leaving BMT, I thot I could at least get into command school. And then I thot I could at least make it into sispec, wanting to become a sergeant and then return to BMT and train new recruits. Coz I thot that I'm really fortunate to be a member of falcon platoon 4. Not wayang-ing, but sincerely from the bottom of my heart. I felt that I'm really blessed to have such great sergeants working together with us, training us up and stuff. And so I wanted to become one also, and continue to spread this niceness as well as possibly "enlightening" future recruits. But then of course, I didn't make it into command school afterall. Indeed I was disappointed, in fact utterly saddened when I saw my posting result. Yet I guess maybe afterall I truly lack something, maybe it's my physical fitness that is not up to standard yet. Possibly tonnes of reasons, but I guess I won't get to know the exact one. No choice right, suck thumb and serve. Haha.

I must say I had quite a difficult time settling in into AI. It was only after I had entered AI then did I fully appreciate your niceness, and efforts in making us happy and stuff! I must also apologise coz I realise that I certainly did take your niceness for granted in BMT. :( I mean it's like only the first day when we reported, and we were already screwed upside down by the sergeants there. Plus everyone's morale was also really low, coz most thot they were going to command sch, but have no idea why end up in this course. I guess I just won't be able to forget that first day, it simply felt like the end of the world. (Oh! We got punished ever so often on that day that the number of pushups we did easily amount to more than 100. Where got such stuff in BMT! lol) Yup. It just made me miss the days in BMT more!

One thing for sure, I'm really thankful to have you as one of our sergeants! Ha. The fact that you took the effort to book out, get a birthday cake for us, and book in again. I was really touched by that, and very grateful also! And then I simply love to just go around telling everyone how my birthday was being celebrated, and they would be so jealous! Hahaha.

Sergeant David, you are really the best of all sergeants around man! No amount of words can describe my heartfelt thanks and gratitude towards all that you have done for me. Like: Allowing me to go up to bunk to rest/sleep when I had diarrhoea, attB and that means supposedly to do fatigue duty instead. And then getting me a box of matchsticks to appease my worry as I didn't have something(lighter/matchsticks) in my pack 3 to light up those candles. Or else gathering us all and giving us your words of wisdom/encouragement and pushing us during that fieldcamp night, the one when we were all so shag after digging the shellscrape. Not forgetting during our first CPT1, with PTI J GOH! He making us stay in that push up position for what seems to be forever, and you came and did it beside me, holding it there as well. It was a huge encouragement! And spurred me on to endure as well. The list is just never ending man. Haha.

Sergeant David, you are truly a great commander/leader! You kept hope alive when all seemed to have ended. Once again, thank you so much! Sorry for all the ramblings above. Ha. And hope you are having a great time with the new recruits! Whichever platoon that is under you sure is fortunate. All the best and take care! :)

Regards,
Chuan Yuan




There are some parts where I guess I need to do some editing. Coz I may just type something wrongly, and not intentionally, but then get sued and then getting myself into serious trouble. Like legal prosecution. Haha. Afterall, some terms that I've included might be sensitive data and so should not be included? Whatever. I'll edit them when I have the time! LOL!



P.S. It has been edited slightly afterall. But minimal changes to retain the original flavour of the mail

No comments: